David Belshe Music Therapy Grant
About the Grant
The David Belshe Music Therapy Grant:
- Is $2,500 (approx. 6 months of music therapy)
- Is paid directly to the board-certified music therapist providing treatment
- Applications received on or before February 28 will be reviewed in March. Applications received on or before August 31 will be reviewed in September.
in memory of David Belshe, MM, MT-BC
- This David Belshe Music Therapy Grant is open to any resident of the state of Texas.
- Groups, organizations, and facilities are not eligible at this time.
- To apply for this grant, applicants must have undergone an initial assessment with a board-certified music therapist or must be an ongoing music therapy client under the care of a board-certified music therapist. If you need to connect with a board-certified music therapist in your area, visit the Texas Directory of Board Certified Music Therapists or search on cbmt.org. FWMTF does not provide music therapy services; FWMTF provides financial assistance only.
About David Belshe
David Cheyenne Belshe was born in Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico, on March 4, 1987. He moved to the United States in his early childhood and fell in love with music at a young age. David played in bands as a teenager and was a skilled musician. He enjoyed playing bass and guitar, but his greatest love was for people. David had a servant heart and loved everyone.
David graduated from Sam Houston State University and became a board-certified music therapist in 2009. He worked alongside his wife, Nikki, at their private practice in Fort Worth, TX, for many years. David truly loved his work and was passionate about connecting with people through music.
David was a husband, father, brother, son, grandson, tío, and a friend to so many. He died in 2018, at age 30, shortly after being diagnosed with colon cancer and primary sclerosing cholangitis. David’s generous spirit lives on in the David Belshe Music Therapy Grant.
Connect With Us
P.O. Box 33913 Fort Worth TX 76162
a 501(c)(3) charitable organization